2022 General Election
Election Results - September 9, 2022
Declaration of Election by Acclamation
General local elections in B.C. are held every four years on the third Saturday in October. The next general local election will be held on October 15, 2022.
2022 Notice of List of Electors
Requirements to vote or be a candidate
To vote or run in the election, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older on general voting day
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Have lived in B.C. for at least 6 months immediately before election day or the day nomination papers are filed
- Not be disqualified by law from voting, or from being nominated, elected, or holding office
- To run for office in a municipal election, you must be nominated by at least 2 eligible electors
Are you Registered to Vote?
Votrers can register or update their information through the online voter registration system at www.elections.bc.ca/ovr. Online voter registration is generally halted a few months prior to the election date. Following the date prescribed by Elections BC, registration can only occur at the time of voting.
|August 30||Nomination period begins (9:00 am)|
|September 9||Nomination period ends (4:00 pm)|
|September 13||Deadline for challenge of candidate's nomination (4:00 pm)|
|September 19||Declaration of election by voting or acclamation|
|October 5||Advance voting opportunity (locations TBD)|
|October 15||General voting day|
Information for Candidates
- 2022 Candidate's Guide to Local Elections in B.C.
Bylaw No. 679, 2022 - A bylaw to provide for the determination of various procedures for the conduct of local government elections and other voting.