Sandspit Public Works & Facilities Operator
The North Coast Regional District is seeking a part-time Sandspit Public Works & Facilities Operator who will be responsible for ensuring that residents of Sandspit have safe and clean water in accordance with federal, provincial and local legislation, policies and standards.
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), responsibilities will include the maintenance and operation of the Sandspit Water System, including performing a variety of construction, repair, installation and maintenance activities in support of the Water System, operating a variety of equipment and tools related to maintenance and repair activities, and performing related duties as assigned. Other responsibilities will include the performance of maintenance and repair of the Water System, mains, services, and valves, performing water line installation, and installing new taps for water service.
The incumbent will also be responsible for overseeing the upkeep of North Coast Regional District (NCRD) buildings, facilities, and grounds, including the Sandspit Community Hall and other relevant community grounds and facilities.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
- Completion of, or willingness to complete, the Environmental Operators Certification Program.
- Knowledge of modern water treatment and distribution principles, practices, methods and procedures a definite asset.
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used in a full range of water treatment and distribution operations, maintenance and repairs a definite asset.
- Knowledge of elements of construction technology as they relate to water treatment and distribution facilities and equipment construction, maintenance and repair activities a definite asset.
- Knowledge of provisions of WHMIS procedures and OHSA guidelines.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of equipment.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare routine reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify and solve programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, two references, along with any relevant information to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote Sandspit Public Works & Facilities Operator in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. on May 30, 2022.