This year, the North Coast Regional District (NCRD) is exploring the installation of civic address signage in Electoral Areas D and E on Haida Gwaii. Most recently, the NCRD Board allocated budgetary funds to complete this project throughout the year. NCRD staff are working to refine costs and identify potential suppliers before making further announcements.
The end goal of this project is consistent and reflective civic signage at the end of each residential driveway that will help to increase public safety and improve emergency response activities on Haida Gwaii.
We are looking forward to publishing more information about this project in the coming months.
In the meantime:
- If your residence requires a house number, the NCRD will be able to issue one. Please fill out the Civic Addressing Request Form.
- If your business requires improved signage, including address signage, our Business Facade Improvement Program is providing a one time 50% reimbursement grant up to a maximum of $5,000. This program is open for applications until May 31, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
- February 19, 2022 - Round 2 Budget Meeting (item 8.3 - Civic Address Signage for Round 2 Budget Discussions)
- NCRD Electoral Area E Civic Addressing Bylaw No. 664, 2019
- NCRD Electoral Area Area D Civic Addressing Bylaw No. 665, 2019