Community Works Funds Grant
Federal Gas Tax Program/Canada Community-Building Fund
The North Coast Regional District has access to a funding program called the (being renamed the Canada Community-Building Fund). This funding program has been made available by the Government of Canada and can be used for infrastructure projects that support productivity and economic growth, a clean environment, and strong cities and communities (hereinafter referred to as the “criteria”).
The project must be for public infrastructure which provides a public use and benefit component. The applicant must demonstrate that the proposed project meets this requirement and other listed criteria.
- – including cycling lanes and paths, hiking trails, road infrastructure
- – infrastructure
- – infrastructure related to the movement of cargo and passengers
- – related infrastructure for carriage of passengers or freight
- – infrastructure that provides internet access to residents, businesses or institutions
- – infrastructure that supports a shared passenger system for public use
- – infrastructure that supports drinking water conservation, collection, treatment and distribution systems
- – infrastructure that supports solid waste management systems including the collection, diversion and disposal of recyclables, compostable materials and garbage
- – infrastructure that generates or increases the efficient use of energy
- – where the redevelopment includes the construction of public infrastructure from any eligible project category or the construction of public parks and publicly-owned social housing
- – amateur sport infrastructure
- – recreational facilities or networks
- – infrastructure that supports arts, humanities, and heritage
- –infrastructure that attract travelers for recreation, leisure, business or other purposes
- – infrastructure that reduces or eliminates long-term impacts and risks associated with natural disasters
- – investments related to strengthening the ability of Local Governments to develop long-term planning practices.
- , provide all requested information and submit with all required attachments by e-mail to . Application forms can be downloaded by .
- NCRD Staff will review the project and work with the organization to determine eligibility (including status as a non-profit society, ownership of the property, if the criteria has been met, project category and eligibility of expenditures, etc.)
- The application will be reviewed and considered at a future North Coast Regional District Board meeting.
- If approved, the applicant will be required to sign a funding contract with the North Coast Regional District and submit further required documentation prior to receiving funding for the project.
Please refer to the Funding Agreement for reporting requirements. Progress Reports, Final Reports and Annual Reports needs to be submitted to the attention of NCRD Staff at
This documentation is for information purposes only and does not represent a funding commitment by the North Coast Regional District. Further, if your application is approved for funding, this document does not limit the requirements of your Society as detailed in the Federal Gas Tax Funding Contract with the North Coast Regional District.