NCRD Facilities Hours (at a glance)
As of August 25, 2021, masks must be worn in all indoor public spaces throughout B.C. to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 as B.C. prepares for the fall and respiratory illness season. As a result, the North Coast Regional District now requires masks in all North Coast Regional District facilities.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, please do not enter our facilities if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Fever, chills, new or worsening cough, shortness of breath, new muscle aches or headaches, sore throat, or if you are a close contact of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19.
All North Coast Regional District facilities are operating under normal hours:
- The North Coast Regional District Office (14, 342 3rd Avenue West, Prince Rupert) is open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
- The Regional Recycling Depot (251 Kaien Road, Prince Rupert) is open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. And on Saturday from 9:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M.
- The Islands Solid Waste Landfill in Port Clements (71454 Hwy 16.) is open Monday to Friday, from 08:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M; Saturday: 08:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Masset Transfer Station (approximately 2 km east of Masset along Tow Hill Road in the Industrial Park) is open on Wednesdays from 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. and on Saturdays from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- The Skidegate Transfer Station (approximately 10 km north of Skidegate - Miller Creek - on Hwy. 16 is open on Wednesdays from 1:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. and on Saturdays from 11:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
- Sandspit Transfer Station (approximately 10 km down Copper Bay Road) is open on Tuesdays from 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. and Saturdays from 11:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M.